9/13/2009

When I discover new music I like I sometimes have the habit of not posting them right away like I should. It's not because I want to keep them a secret or anything, it's mostly because I am lazy or I forget I wanted to post them until I go on one of my "4 hour cleaning/listening" raids. I had these songs laying around in iTunes for a while and I should have posted them a looong time ago. I'm not going into major depth with these because I'm pretty sure they will show their greatness themselves.

I swear I posted this song before, but alas I have not. This is totally not indie sounding. It sounds a lot like a Jason Marz song but it's not even though they have a similar name. I'd say that I have done this a few times back in the day (listen to the song and you'll understand).
Charlie Mars - Darkside Of The Moon(No Longer Available)

This song has got game! Definitely a song for a mixtape to that special someone. How can you go wrong with a great line like "Lets turn my love seat in to a love seat, baby now!" Cracks me up every time.
Jesse Matheson - Make Out (No Longer Available)

I pretty much grew up listening to Rancid I always loved the drunken slur singing of Tim Armstrong. I think that is because if I didn't know thew words I could just make sounds and it would sound exactly like Tim. This song isn't hard to understand like most Rancid songs. Probably because it's not Rancid. Tim knows how to make good solo music with out them though. Catchy and fun.
Tim Armstrong - Hold On

Since that last song was called hold on lets hear a song called "Hang On" by the always amazing Dr.Dog. My favorite part about this song is how the song just sort of crashes down at about a minute 1:30 with that choir in the background and stones- esque R&B sound.
Dr.Dog - Hang On

This little ditty makes me think of working in the garden on a nice summer day. You got your mesh straw green thumb hat, your little spade and white gloves, a cold glass of lemonade by your side and this song comes on. You stop digging for the time being, take a seat in that rocking chair on the porch, and stare at that row of tomato plants almost ready to be picked. It's then that you take a sip of your drink and say "Life is good."
Lay Low - Last Time Around

Our last song is one that I just found tonight. It's a sure bet that you'll want to shake your ass while listening to it. I have no idea what they are saying in the song as it's in Spanish, but I can't deny that beat.
Fort Knox Five - Sao Funky (Parts 1 and 2)

No comments: