11/28/2010

A Tower Of Music For Your Ears

Daniel Dumile is a hip hop artist who goes by the name MF Doom, or Metal Fingers or Viktor Vaughn or Metal Fingers or in this respect MF Borat. Whatever you want to call him there is no denying his ability to conjure up insanely clever wordplay and well produced beats. He has produced tracks for Ghostface Killah as well as colaberated with some of underground hip hops best such as DJ Dangermouse on the Adult Swim CD Danger Doom: The Mouse And The Mask (which I highly recommend). Fun fact: Doom's 2009 album Born Like This was inspired by the poem "Dinosauria, We" by poet Charles Bukowski. DOOM samples a performance of the poem by Bukowski on the track "Cellz." Very cool! Get out your umbrella because this dude can spit.
MF Borat - Tower of Ears (feat. Diana Ross)

This band no longer exists. Sad, sad, sad.
The Minders - Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

I forgot that I had this song in my iTunes until it randomly came on while I was sidetracked by the black hole that is the internet. I am so glad that I was other wise who knows how long it might have been just sitting there waiting for it's chance to shine. This is catchy indie pop at it's best. Besides how can you go wrong with a band name that came from a ZX Spectrum personal home computer batman game.
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. - Young And Lovestruck

Did you know that Julia Roberts is a hedonist? Seriously look it up! I don't think if I was a hedonist and she came around I would be unhappy at all.
Hyperpotamus - The Unhappy Hedonist

Click here to read about it, click here to find out what not to do, click below to listen.
Washington - How To Tame Lions

No comments: