12/19/2010

During the summer I made a mix called Golden Shores & Red Shoulders. I included a band by the name of 1,2,3 in that mix and to my surprise I got contact from the label, Ooh La La Records who put out their 7 inch thanking me including them in the mix. Of course no thanks were needed, I'm always willing to shine a light on the indie scene. I have to say I am very impressed with not only the bands but also the good taste in music that the label has. It's a small label but they definitely know good music, and would suggest keeping an eye on their site. I recently got news that 1,2,3 has now signed to Frenchkiss records and will be dropping a new album sometime in 2011. I know I will for sure be keeping an eye out for that album. In addition to the thanks, I was sent an advance EP of Oh La La's latest band The Last Royals. It chock full of refreshing indie pop tunes, that are very original. I threw it on as background music while I was cleaning my house and more than a few times I paused because either a great lyric or melody had caught my ear. This is a band that I will be keeping around for sure. Take a listen and if you dig them check out Oh La La to buy it.

The Last Royals - Backseat Lovers


1,2,3 - Little Cure

No comments: