9/03/2017

The Letter R

 Kicking it off with a little fun number by Aussie band The Riptides!
The Riptides - 77 Sunset Strip

This tune by french band Revolver, reminds me of a 1940's crime setting. A time when bad guys had curled bushy mustaches, wore bowler hats (and actually looked cool, unlike today), and donned classy long overcoats that hid their flint lock pistols. If you read the lyrics it seems as if there is a group of bad guy who have no been so cautious in their crime sprees, and are gaining some notoriety with the local law enforcement.  They are now on the hunt for a patsy, someone they can pin the blame on. They figure if they can maintain their level of stardom, that the patsy will have a cushy time in prison.
Revolver - Get Around Town



A long time ago, my mother went on vacation with some of my aunts to Alaska. Which left my father, my sister and I together for a week. We were pretty young at the time, maybe I might have been about middle school age. That whole week we binged on movies. My Dad rented a ton of older must see movies, these weren't our typical feel good family movies. He got movies like Jaws, Rambo, The Birds, and John Carpenter's film Christine, which is based on a Stephen King book. If you haven't had the time to see the movie or read the book, do yourself a favor and get on that. It's a story of an evil car! How can you not love that!? Trust me it's not super scary, my sister and I loved it. This is a song by a nerdy hip hop guy named Rappy McRapperson. He's hilarious! His humor may not be in everyone's wheelhouse, it's pretty wacky and can be a bit off color, but it's all in good fun. If you can take a joke then you should check it out. If not then stay away you knucklehead. If you are totally bored and want to be entertained, you should check out a podcast called The Phone Show. He makes many appearances doing prank phone calls.
Rappy McRapperson - Devils In My Car



I love listening to this at night. Especially if you are out star gazing. The band, named after poet Rainer Maria Rilke, split up back in 2006, but put in a good 10 year run in the budding indie/emo music scene. This track is off their album Look, Now look Again. If you come across this album it's definitely worth picking up. I'd also recommend songs like Rise, Atlantic and if you want to get real emotional Tinfoil.
Rainer Maria - Planetary


Raised Among Wolves is a seven-man orchestra from Copenhagen. They have create a nice blend of indie pop and indie folk, that is easy on the ears. I honestly haven't hear much by them but, I am cleaning up my iTunes library and Boys Will Be Kings came on and it caught my attention. I will definitely be checking them out further.
Raised Among Wolves - Boys Will Be Kings



Stan Rogers is the man! This is Canadian folk music at it's best!

Stan Rogers - White Collar Holler


Blake Robinson is an orchestrator who dabble primarily in all things media related, such as games, TV, and movies. I first heard of him by looking up the soundtrack to my favorite game Terraria. He did an AMAZING version of the title theme for that game. As I perused his collection I loved him more and more. I am a huge orchestra fan and he doesn't create on a small scale either. The sound is big bold and very professionally produced. If you are a geek you'll want to check out work. He has covered things from the Star Trek Voyager Theme, to numerous video game scores. Great stuff here folks. These are two of my favorites. The first is mainly here because I am a huge Adventure Time fan, and I love the two songs he covered from this episode (click to watch it). The next song is one I am sure most people will recognize, so no explination needed there. 
Blake Robinson - All Gummed Up (Adventure Time)

Blake Robinson - Super Mario Brothers 3 - Overworld 2



No comments: