6/16/2009

Songs that will make you laugh


Reggie And The Full Effect are a GREAT band. I might have to post some other songs by them at some point, some more serious songs. This song is so freakin' hilarious. It's joke song that's sung in the style of a Findland death metal band named Common Denominator, which I think is a greatr band name. To top that they sing about dwarves. Politically correct, it is not. Gut busting funny, it is. Note: In no way do I condone making fun of people with disabilities or imply that they can't play sports. I just think the song is funny and, would even if I was physically challenged...hopefully.
Reggie And The Full Effect - Dwarf Invasion (feat. Common Denominator)

The other night I was talking to a friend of mine who has a moped. I am totally jelous of her, it's pretty sweet looking. Way back in the day I used to have a Spree (I'm not talking about the candy) It was so awesome. I used it to drive all over, friends houses, drivers training, to my Grandmas. I wiped out on it once while driving through a construction zone, that was not cool. I sold it once I got my car and I really regret it now. If I ever get enough money I am going to buy one again. Of course I'll probably be 50. Sweet! Here is a song by a band named Millencolin. It's a bouncy pop punk song about a loving relationship between an owner and his moped. Plenty of innuendo here folks.
Millencolin - Fox

Have you ever looked at old photographs and seen something in them that you still wish you had? A piece of clothing, a poster, or some other long gone personal effect. The other day I was going through my box of pictures and I came across one where I was wearing and old school X-Men t-shirt. This was before there were any movies. I for some reason used to take pictures of my room and I saw tons of old Nintendo posters and games, which if I hadn't thrown them way or sold them they might be worth some money. This song isn't so much about loss of a possession forever as it is about getting a possession back.
Digger - I Want My Hat Back

This is one of the weirdest CD's that I own. The band Don't know only put out one album form what I know (haha read that sentence again). The band plays what I can best describe as psych funk geek core. The title of their album is Coodly P. Ramaswami Memorial Cheesecake. I can't remember the reason I picked this album up. It's not really a favorite of mine, but I do like it of the sheer off the wall strangeness and awesome bass playing. The first song is super short but I think it's really funny and easy to sing along with. Since it was so short I decided to add another song by them about Taco Bell.
Don't Know - Bad Cop (No Longer Available)
Don't Know - 59*79*99 (No Longer Available)

One when I was working for Goodwill I was out on the sales floor putting some used threads away and a beautiful girl walked by. Of course I noticed and tried be obvious as I watched her walk by. When she did I smelled the best smell, fresh baked cookies. Now I love cookies, it's probably my favorite junk food of all time. Needless to say I was instantly intrigued and I had to walk by her to make sure it was her that smelled like cookies and not something else. So I took another pass and sure enough she smelled like cookies! I was ecstatic that someone made a perfume that smelled like that. If I wasn't at work I might have just gone up and asked laid some smooth line on her about rollin' dough or baking or something like that, Or you know, just asked her where she got the perfume from. I didn't though because that might be creepy. "You smell so good I want to stand by you all day!" So in honor of being hungry, in love, and sort of creepy, here is a great song by The Vandals.
The Vandals - Hungry For You (No Longer Available, But This Is)

There is a band I liked called Five Iron Frenzy. They were a ska band (guess what I was big into back in the day?)This song has a great story behind it. They have a trumpet player named Brad and he missed one show while touring because of illness. The next day rumors were flying all over the place that he quit the band, and one even claimed that he was dead. Of course the rumors were not true but the band decided to write a song about it. I love the song because it is pure satire and because my name is Brad. Not that I have ever had rumors circulating of my death or anything. I just thought it was funny, in a black comedy sort of manner.
Five Iron Frenzy - The Untimely Death Of Brad

No comments: