10/18/2009


Today is Sunday and I am a God fearin' man, so I decided it was time to unleash some fire and brimstone in the form of music. Now, I never claimed to be the most righteous clean person on the earth, and I never will be. I'm just a man. I don't preach, I don't force my beliefs on others, and I'm not a religious bible thumper who is here to judge you if you don't believe what I do. What I can attest to, is that I have witnessed miracles that I could not chalk up to plain luck. I believe that there is a heaven and a hell and a God above and if you want to know why I'll be more than glad to let you know. I can't really say I am any denomination because I don't think anyone has it right. If I am to be labeled anything, I am a follower of Jesus. Simple as that.

One of the best songs I have ever heard about the apocalypse...if there could really be a GOOD song about the end of the world.
Johnny Cash - When The Man Comes Around

Foot stompin' backwoods dirty blues.
Bloody Ol' Mule - Holy Ghost Power (No Longer Available)

I love soul singers and that guitar is so catchy.
Shirley Ann Lee - There's A Light

This is an interesting idea. I always wondered what happened thought that gap.
John Prine - Jesus The Missing Years

I have totally fallen in love with Regina Spektor. I the statement this song makes. Some people take God to seriously and, some people don't take him seriously enough.
Regina Spektor - Laugh With (Live)

This is just a plain good song.
Ry Cooder - Jesus Is On The Mainline

A "I'm going with him" song
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - I'll Be Glad

One of the more vague songs but I remember reading that Jim was listening to a lot of soul and gospel when writing Evil Urges.
My Morning Jacket - Look At You

Not a huge country fan but I always love every Buck song I hear. Maybe cause it's old country.
Buck Owens - Bring It To Jesus

Soulful gospel at it's best. Easy to sing along with.
Sister Wynona Carr - I Wanna Go To Heaven And Rest (No Longer Available, But This Is)

Got some gritty Jesus mojo goin' on right here.
Tom Waits - Jesus Gonna Be Here

This song makes me feel all happy and positive, as do most Matisyahu songs.
Matisyahu - Indestructible

I love story telling songs.
Emmylou Harris - Jerusalem Tomorrow

No comments: