5/11/2011

The Letter C

I used to work for Goodwill and I have to admit it was one of the best jobs I ever had. Not only is it a great place to find awesome treasures, but they also do a lot for the community. They have programs that help people with barriers to employment get jobs. It's really a fun place to work too. I learned a lot working there. Like how to spot expensive pottery, how to tell a fake Coach purse from a real one, how e-bay works and what sells. Did you know Goodwill has their own version of E-Bay? This song has nothing to do with Goodwill Stores, but I thought I'd give a big up to the old GW. Listen to this and then get in your car and drive to a local Goodwill store and buy something from them. Then feel good knowing what you spent is doing something good in the world.
Carlis Star - The Goodwill Robot (No Longer Available)

This song reminds me of that Sean Kingston song Beautiful Girls. Only more countryfied. This is what radio stations are missing, if they played more songs like this I might not hate the radio so much. At least we have college radio stations and small local stations. By the way check out Deer Tick's version of Beautiful Girls because it's friggin' great.
Corb Lund - Devil's Best Dress

It's funny, I just now noticed that the lead singer of The Cure is included in this song, and The Cure is another band that begins with the letter C. Crystal Castles have been making electronic music for a few years now and making people dance to their glitchy gameboy space techno. However this song doesn't sound like that at all. It sounds like a perfectly reworked version of a lost cure song. I have been rocking this song a lot lately. Sooo good.
Crystal Castles - Not In Love (Feat. Robert Smith)

Speaking of super team ups how about some little known positive hip-hop meets depressing alternative superstars? Why should you listen it? Because...
Chiddy Bang - Because (ft. Radiohead)

This song is well done musically as well as lyrically. It is also super funny!
Corky & The Juice Pigs- Eskimo

1 comment:

Ali G said...

Haha, I love that you can tell a fake purse from a real one. At least that job taught us some valuable skills :)