10/01/2011

If I was your soundtrack man...


I love movies almost as much as I love music, however there is something amazing that happens when the two go hand in hand. If you have the right song playing in the background of a scene in a movie it can create moment that the viewer will never forget. For example take the opening credits for the movie Pulp Fiction with the song Misirlou by Dick Dale & His Del-Tones, or when Ferris Bueller jums into the parade and lipsyncs Twist And Shout by the Beatles. I always thought it would be a lot of fun to be the guy who comes up with songs for certain songs in movies. So with that in mind I decided to go through my library of music and pick out some songs that I could totally see being used in the movies. I call this mix "A Tarantino Type Thing: Music For A Film". I chose that name because all of his movies have superb soundtracks.

01. Howlin' Wolf - You Gonna Wreck My Life
02. Elvis Presley - Baby Let's Play House
03. Undertones - Teenage Kicks
04. Fergus & Gerinmo - Baby Don't You Cry
05. Little Comets - Joanna
06. Mum - School Song Misfortune
07. J Mascis - Not Enough
08. Suicide - Dream Baby Dream
09. Richard Hell and the Voidoids - Blank Generation
10. The Scientists - We Had Love
11. We Are The World - Fight Song
12. Patrick Wolf - Oblivion
13. Charles Bradley - The World (Is Going Up In Flames)
14. The Dixie Nightingales - All I Need is Some Sunshine in My Life
15. R.E.M. - Country Feedback
16. Eels - Millicent Don't Blame Yourself(Live)
17. Sparklehorse - It's A Wonderful Life
18. The Microphones - I Felt Your Shape
19. Ben Sollee And Daniel Martin Moore - Something, Somewhere, Sometime
20. James Carr - She's Better Than You
21. Damien Jurado - Cloudy Shoes
22. Daniel Johnston - To Go Home
23. Marc Bolan & T.Rex - Metal Guru


Click here to listen on YouTube
Click here to listen on Spotify

No comments: