2/25/2012

Wild Music Nation

The Shins have a new album set to drop on March 20th titled Port Of Morrow. This is the music video for the single "Simple Song". If you are wondering what it sounds like, it's your typical Shins sound, indie rock the way it should be, in other words, all around great song. Am I surprised? Nope. The only complaint I have is that the video overlaps the song quite a bit, however upon further exploration this can easily be remedied by checking out their web site. I wish there was some sort of streaming option for at least a few other songs, I'm really interested to hear what the rest sounds like. I guess we'll have to wait.


In my last post, I included a cover of "I Want To Be Adored" by The Stone Roses. That excellent cover was done by a band called Coma Cinema. Well, founding member Mat Cothran, has a side project called Elvis Depressedly. I did not know the bands were connected until much later on, I just listened to the song because I thought the band name was genius. Not only is the band name great but the music is too. It resonates on a very personal level, meaning that it's not all sunshine and flowers. Never the less, the music is very well done. Under produced, but in a way that makes it feel more hand made and adds an unforgettable vibe. The best part is you can download the three albums for free at the bandcamp page. P.S. Check out the Coma Cinema page for more free music. You won't be disappointed.
Elvis Depressedly - Mickey Yr A Fuck Up


Hip hop Shakespeare anyone? These people do great things!
Flocabulary- The Merry Wanderer


Mando Diao band from Sweden, they list the Beatles as a main influence which is easily noticeable in the poppy songs they produce. I read that they had a incident once at a show where the floor collapsed on the audience and the band stayed in the city and personally went to visit fans in the hospital. Instant cool points. This song has a sweet slow dance R&B soul feel to it. I think the shouted call and response chorus makes the song great. They have an extensive back catalog as well as games, which is unusual for a music page.

Mando Diao - Nothing Without You



I have always dreamed about living in the mountains, specifically in Colorado. Blitzen Trapper hit that folk/blues rock nerve just right with this song. Think "Mississippi Queen" by Mountain, only less hard rock and more country.
Blitzen Trapper - Wild Mountain Nation


Want to see something cool?

No comments: