7/18/2009

Thiiis is the random.

I'm feeling rather random today and I decided to put my iTunes on shuffle and post the first few songs it gave me.

When I get a batch of new music that I need to listen to I usually just throw 20 so songs on a playlist, Listen ti it a few times, and from there ween out the ones I don't like. However when there are ones I don't like I put them into a different playlist I call "Last Plea A.K.A. Please Don't Put Me Down." I do this because sometime you have those songs that grow on you. This is one of them. I really didn't dig Fanfarlo that much. Until one day I was just messing around, doodling in a notebook and this song came on and it made me think of fireworks. Now ever time I hear this song I close my eyes and picture the most awesome fireworks display set to this music.
Fanfarlo - The Walls Are Coming Down(No Longer Available)

Bearbot is not a cute and cuddly metallic automated new toy for your child. It's the next to grab the torch in the party mashup mixtape genre. Like other master masher Girl Talk, Bearbot rocks the party with genius mixes that will keep you dancing until the break of dawn. Crank up the speakers, fill your house with friends and p-a-r-t y? Because you have to.
BearBot - Stunntin' Like My Only Swerving(Lil' Wayne Vs. El Ten Eleven)

Everything about this song is great. In Fact Everything about My Morning Jacket is great. It's genuine and deep and sort of a tear jerker. It sounds like it's recorded in a bathroom or as I like to picture it in a barn. For sure someplace with great acoustics. It's definitely in my all time top 10 songs. I love to follow this song with Jeff Buckleys Hallelujah.
My Morning Jacket - I Will Be There When You Die

Hahahah, I can't believe this one is in my collection. It's total country bumpkin music from the 80's and I LOVE it. I was raised on country music and I don't think I will ever stop liking it no matter how badly I want to. Besides both Conway and Loretta effin' rule compared to country stars nowadays. Listen to that fiddle, makes me want to kick off my converse and and start a jug band.
Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn - Lousiana Woman, Mississippi Man

My friend once described Low to me as slowcore. Which means slow tempos and minimalist arrangements which describes them to a tee. The Duluth, Minnesota band have cranked out tons of albums and have dreamy chilling male/female vocals. It's one of my favorite groups to listen to while reading or falling asleep.
Low - Sunflower

I want Feist to be my girlfriend. Actually I want any girl who can play an instrument and write songs to be my girlfriend. It'd be so sexy. I had a dream once where I did have a significant other who played acoustic guitar and would ask me what I though of her songs. She'd play sweet little tunes like this one while we drank beers on the back porch. It was great.
Feist - Mushaboom(Live at El Mocambo CBC Studio Session) (No Longer Avaliable, But This Is)

No comments: