10/11/2011

If you show me your fanny pack....


A while ago I decided to break out my copy of In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. I had not listened to the album in a few years and I was instantly reminded how how much I love this band. I did not know that the album was that old, it came out in 1998, which was the year I graduated. I wish I had known about this band back then so I might have at least had a chance to see them play live. All I can do now is watch Youtube clips of their live shows, which are amazing by the way. This band put forth an energy that I would have loved to be a part of. This B-Side is the B side to the song Holland, 1945, and it's just as good as any track on that album. Enjoy!
Neutral Milk Hotel - Engine

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has really made a name for himself in the last year. He was great in Inception and from what I have heard his new movie 50/50 is getting pretty good reviews as well, it's 93% on Rotten Tomatoes. Even in his younger days he was hilarious as the alien son in 3rd Rock From The Sun. I have to admit that I saw 500 Days Of Summer and I loved him there too, of course there was only one reason I really wanted to see it. Hmmm...could it be because I have a crush on Mrs. Zooey Deschanel? I think so. Ben Gibbard is a lucky lucky man, but I digress. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is awesome. However he is not only an accomplished actor, he's also a pretty good singer. Check out this sweet cover of I Don't Want To Live On The Moon orgianlly sung by Ernie from Sesame Street.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt - I Don't Want To Live On The Moon (Sesame Street Cover)

Vincents vocals remind me a lot of Bon Iver's frontman Justin Vernon. A pretty falsetto. I would say this is a club song for the sad emo kids. It doesn't makes me want to whip my hair back and forth so much, but it does makes me want to get down to some sensual love making.
James Vincent Mcmorrow - Whip My Hair (Willow Smith Cover)

Speaking of getting down...
Zach Galifianakis - Come On and Get It (Up In 'dem Guts) Feat. Fiona Apple

Get ready to feel really happy!
Mouth's Cradle - Honey From A Stone

I love singing along with this band, at least the words I can make out. This is a sloppy drunken self loathing song that might make you feel better by the end.
Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson - Buriedfed

No comments: