6/23/2009

Uncle Monsterface will send spite towards sex in the city

It should come as no supprise that I love to make mixes. Be it for friends, for my Ipod, or just for fun, I'm a mix addict. I have literally spent 5 hours just hanging out with Itunes, listening to music, making mixes which I will either delete, or change in a week. However every now and then I get a great idea for a mix and I just add and subtract from it until it's perfect. I used to work as an assistant manager in a sort of ghetto work environment. By that I mean people didn't do what they were supposed to, or didn't show up or got into fist fights, etc. Not only did this keep me on my toes, but it was also very frustrating. On one especially crappy day I got an idea to make a mix that I could pop in to vent my frustration. I would fill it with angry, vengeful, you-piss-me-off, you-did-me-wrong, type of music. I called this mix "Send Some Spit Their Way." Here are two exceptional tracks. The first is by one of my favorite emo-punk bands Bayside. The first verse is so hardcore and the chorus is brilliant. the second is by the great John Fogerty, who was the lead singer of CCR. The song will rock your face off and then give you a karate kick to the stomach.
Bayside - Cold And Blue And Lifeless

John Fogerty - I Can't Take It No More

Here is the tracklist of the whole mix if anyone is interested. If anyone would like a mix like this or just a mix in general let me know.

Send Some Spite Their Way
01. Movielife - God, I Wish I Could Hate You (No Longer Available)
02. The Nobodys - Fuck You Too
03. Ugly Kid Joe - I Hate Everything About You
04. Husker Du - Never Talking To You Again
05. Broughes - I Ain't No Miracle Worker
06. Tool - Hooker With A Penis
07. Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff
08. Small Brown Bike - See You In Hell
09. Rage Against The Machine - Tire Me
10. Thursday - In A Car Crash
11. Korn - Children Of The Korn (feat. Ice Cube)
12. Exodus - Haters Ball (No Longer Available)
13. Scarface - No Tears
14. Stephen Malkmus - Darkwave
15. Fiona Apple - Sleep To Dream
16. The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me
17. Pulley - Havasu
18. Grade - When Something Goes To Your Head
19. Bayside - Cold And Blue And Lifeless
20. Fishbone - Lyin' Ass Bitch
21. The Rolling Stones - Please Go Home
22. Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack
23. Save Ferris - Goodbye


I have to say that I am not a fan of the Black Lips at all. However I am a big fan of Wu-Tang and indie rock & rapper colabs. The Drop I Hold sounds like it was written on a drugged out hangover. I pretty much have to grit my teeth and tolerate most of this song until it gets to the awesome GZA rap, they don't call him the Genius for nothing. This song is kind of like an orange tootsie pop. The sucker part tastes gross, but you know that at the end there will be a delicious orange flavored tootsie roll that will make it all worth while.
Black Lips - The Drop I Hold(feat. Genius/GZA)



Last night I had the TV on while surfing the internet which happens a lot, but I wasn't really watching it and Sex In the City was on. See how I covered myself there? Seriously I don't make a point to watch it, but if it comes on I'll somewhat pay attention. Anyway, as they cackled away about their sex lives I wondered, what if there was a male version of Sex In The City. A bunch of guy talking about the girls they laid. Then I remembered that males do that already and there really isn't a need for a TV show. You can probably go up to a group of 20 something guys and sure enough in about 10 minutes you'll hear something sexual. The show would more than likely be too graphic to even show on HBO, it would have to be on the spice channel or something. It was sort of fun to think about though. Maybe if you edited the nudity and toned down the graphic language it might be worth it. I would imagine this song would be on the soundtrack. If you want to laugh check out the bands website, it's hilarious!
Uncle Monsterface - Kill Your Boyfriend! (No Longer Available, But This Is)

No comments: