6/26/2009

R.I.P. The King Of Pop


Michael Jackson passed away today in Los Angeles at the age of 50. I know people have mixed feelings on Michael but despite allegations have been made against him you have to admit one thing, the dude had MAD talent. I don't know everything and I don't feel like doing a whole life story so I'll just list a few of the hi-lights I remember. First thing first I have to go with where it all started, The Jackson 5. For me, no song will ever top ABC, or I Want You Back. Every time I hear those songs I am just a floored as I was the first time I heard it, which I can distinctly remember. Those two songs are so soulful every time I hear it I get so happy I could blow sunshine and rainbows out of every orifice. Then you have Off the Wall which was his first solo album and released in 1979. It featured the most hilarious picture of him and had one of the greatest dance floor burners "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough". Then you have Thriller which was not only a spectacularly spooky song, but also was ground breaking in music video history. Don't quote me on this as fact but I am pretty sure there was no cinematic mucis video like that before hand. I remember seeing that as a kid and being scared out of my wits at the sight of Michael turning into a werewolf. When I went to bed the night of watching that video I was sure I was werewolf Michael and his gang of zombies coming out of the woods in our backyard. I ran out of my room crying. Awesome Awesome Awesome! Then only to one up himself he did a little dance move called the moonwalk. Probably the coolest dance move ever done next to the Macerena (Of course I am totally being sarcastic there). The man was a dancing machine and pulled off every move flawlessly. You also have, Bad, the white glove, smooth criminal, the cloab. with Sir Paul on "The Girl Is Mine", Macaulay Culkin, P.Y.T, and billions of fans. I don't want to get into the negative aspects of his career but I do want to state a few things. I was lurking on various websites reading comments from people about his death and I was sort of pissed. There were some really nice things said and some truthful things said, but there were also some just plain uninformed and downright immature things said as well. People mocking other people by calling them pedophile lovers, saying they hope he burns in hell and other really unnecessary things. Here is how I see it all. He had a messed up child hood and family life, he grew up in the public eye his whole life, of course he is going to grow up all fucked up. I'll be the first to say that if he did what has been alleged of him then he will get his. I hope that the children at least feel some relief if in fact things did happen to them. However I would like to believe it didn't and will continue to call it as innocent until proven guilty. I'm not the one he has to answer to in the end. As Tupac said "Only God can judge me." So Michael rest in peace, you will be missed but not forgotten. Here are a couple go great Michael Jackson cover songs. Enjoy.

KT Tunstall - I Want You Back


The Last Dinosaur - Beat It


Speak Low - Thriller


Super Sweet Repeat Bonus Remix Song:
Jackson 5 - I Want You Back(Z-Trip Remix)

No comments: